In case you hadn't heard (how could you NOT have, though?) this weekend is the Minnesota Valley Mothers of Multiples bi-annual sale. Hundreds of women are selling their gently used goods to all us bargain hunters. It's a big deal. It's a lot of work. It needs some sustenance in your belly to get said work done! (edited after the fact - It was a LOT of work. I think I'm still tired from working 24 hours straight. But, lucky for me, I thought it was pretty fun - I have to do it again in March).
This morning my friend Kat and her precious girls came over to do some preparing for the sale - printing tags, cutting tags, hanging clothes, pinning tags, gossiping, and playing. I decided last night to assemble a baked oatmeal, put it in the fridge, and enjoy a warm, tasty treat with my & the babies' friends (because yes, whether they like it or not, B&H are going to be friends with Kat's girls. And, I even suspect her girls will fight over Ben. He's the Ladies' Man around them!).
The recipe was really very easy, the ingredients things I have on hand, and the dish turned out delicious - and pretty healthy, too! The recipe comes from Good Cheap Eats, a nice blog for finding healthy, simple food for grown ups (and many babies can eat too!)
|Doesn't it look good - and it's not even baked yet!|
Raspberry Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups raspberries
- heavy cream, whipped or plain
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, yogurt, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry, and add the raspberries.
- Fold gently to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with cream, whipped or not.
Of course, by the time we got around to eating, B&H were already in bed for their morning nap. So they at theirs for lunch. What a fun mess!
|Mmm. Baked Oatmeal.|