Weelicious' Cottage Cheese Pancakes
1 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Honey or Agave
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
Butter, Oil or Oil Spray
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat, lightly coat with oil or butter and pour about 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the griddle for each pancake.
5. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are set and golden.
*To Freeze: Let pancakes come to room temperature, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 3 months.
For mine, I omitted the honey (not safe for babies) and agave (didn't have any) and just used plain sugar. I also ended up adding about 1/3 cup more flour. The batter was REALLY runny.
And, yes, they were a hit! Here's how the babies at theirs:
|Open mouth, insert pancake.|
|Nom nom nom|
And how Momma ate hers:
|Slightly warmed with Rhubarb Strawberry Jam and a cup of coffee. YUM!|