I would not recommend this recipe for babies. There's way too much sugar in it for them! But it makes a tasty treat for Momma and Daddy after they go to bed. We topped ours with cinnamon ice cream, but we were thinking it would be equally delicious with Cool Whip on top. This might make a reappearance at the Thanksgiving table this year!
Pinch of Yum's Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can sub milk+vinegar, or plain yogurt+milk)
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples (I used Wealthy heirloom)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbs. butter
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix ingredients in order given (except the last 3 ingredients).
- Pour batter into a 9×13 greased pan.
- Combine last 3 ingredients to make a topping and sprinkle it evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. It’s delicious when served warm!
|Mmmm! And it smells as good as it looks!|
I made mine using the Golden Crisp apples we bought at the Orchard. The clerk at the Orchard said they are pretty sweet to begin with so reduce the amount of sugar you use, so I used *only* 1 cup of brown sugar. Ha. It's still plenty sweet. I don't recommend figuring out the Weight Watchers points on this one...... yikes!