Saturday, October 8, 2011

Easy Homemade Birthday Pizza

Ok, so it's not really the babies' 1-year birthday - it was their 10-month birthday. But it still called for celebration! I decided to make them (and me) a pizza for supper. YUMMMMM!

First, assemble your ingredients. (Note, I am not being paid to mention these products, they are what I had on hand. Though I will say the Trader Joe's pizza crust is only like $1.79 and worth every penny. YUM YUM YUM). 


Trader Joe's pizza crust, pizza sauce, chicken Italian sausage,
shredded cheese, Laughing Cow cheese wedges


Next, spread out your pizza crust and bake it for about 5-7 minutes with NOTHING on it. This is paramount to making sure your pizza is done in the middle and not soggy. (I speak from experience). After about 5 minutes,take out your crust and add your base layer. For my portion, I used pizza sauce. Since the babies are still sort of getting over their upset tummies, I opted for leaving out the acidic tomato sauce for them and used the Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge instead. Then add your cheese & toppings, a pretty healthy portion is best. Babies also didn't get the sausage and onions. Bland is best for them at this point. :) Then bake for about 10-12 minutes.

2/3 for Momma, 1/3 for Babies






 At this point, you'll probably want to check on the babies to see what they are up to. Of course, they are causing a bit of trouble. And hey, don't judge me for leaving the babies to play in the living room while I was in the kitchen. I went in there every 2 minutes to see what they were doing, which is why this pizza took over an hour to make. :)

Whatcha guys up to?

Finally the pizza is done! It was delicious, but as I mentioned above, it took me an hour to make. So by the time it was done, the babies were in bed. They enjoyed their pizza the next day. I enjoyed mine while they slept - the BEST way to enjoy pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment